Here you will find Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from the  Village Hall

What is an after hour utility emergency phone number?

                For a utility emergency, call 618-559-7406.  For a police emergency, call 9-1-1 or the Union County Sheriff’s Department 618-833-5500.  For other questions or assistance, call Karen at 618-559-9025 and she will try to assist you.

Who developed the logo for the Village?

Cobden resident, Tracie Spalt Flamm.


When is the Village Hall open?

We are open from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday.  We are usually open between noon and 1:00 (unless only one employee is on  duty).


How do I open a utility account?

The customer must apply in person at the Village Hall.  Two forms of identification are required – one being valid driver’s  license or State issued identification card.


Are deposits required to open a utility account?

Yes.  Gas deposit  is $100 and water deposit is $50.  Deposits are refunded in three years or when you discontinue service with us.  There is also a $10 turn-on fee for water service and a $20 turn-on fee for gas.


How soon can I have utilities connected after I have  completed application and paid deposit?

Services can usually be turned on or transferred the same day  but no later than 4:30 p.m.


Is there trash pick up available?

Yes.  See the Information Page on this Website.


Does Cobden have recycling?

We are proud to provide curbside recycling to our trash  customers.  See the information page on this Website.


Do I need a building permit for a portable storage  building?

Yes.  Building  permit applications are available at the Village Hall, by fax request or email request.  The form is also available on this website. Click Here for form:


How do I contact the Police Department after hours?

If an emergency, call 9-1-1.  For other needs, call Union County Sheriff’s Department and they will  dispatch the Cobden officer on duty.


When is the Cobden Peach Festival?

The Peach Festival, sponsored by the Cobden Lions Club, is the first Friday and Saturday in August.  The parade is held on Saturday afternoon.


What do residents do with tree limbs, brush and  landscape waste?

The Village will provide a free pickup service.  See information page on this Website.  This service is only if  the work was not done by a contractor or anyone else who was paid for the tree  or other landscape waste removal.


What is the telephone number for the Cobden Post  Office?

The telephone number is 618-893-2742.


Where can I find information for the Cobden Cemetery?

We have the records for the Cobden  Cemetery at the Village  Hall.